One of the first questions that pops up when it comes to blogging is where to start your blogging adventure. There are lots of different blogging systems to choose from and it can be confusing to many that are just getting started. One of the easiest places to start a blog online is the website called blogger dot com.
Blogger dot com is the simple and quick way to create a blog. All you need is to create an account and you can have your blog setup in minutes.
Good Reasons to Use Blogger
- Very easy to get started.
Getting started is half of the battle. You don’t want to have to go through a lot of installation and settings to get started with your blog. Blogger is really simple to use and you don’t have to worry about all the details of how the blog structure is setup. You don’t have to worry about the inner workings of the blogger software. You can instead just focus on creating the content for your blog.
- Choose your blogger username. The first piece of information that you need to get started with blogger is getting your username and password. Get this information and you are ready to move on to the next step.
- Choose your blogger web address. Your blog is going to need a way for people to find it and you will do this by picking a blogger web address. You can type in different names until you find one that is available. Think before you make the choice for a blog address. It is something that your readers will have to type in. You can always change your blog address to something new later if you decide to change your mind. Try to keep the blog address short and easy to remember for your blog audience and followers.
- Change your blog template. Blogger makes it really easy to change how your blog looks with blog templates. You will get a default blog template when you create your account. You might want to change the blog template to something that will fit with your blog topic and niche. Changing a blog theme on blogger is not hard to do. Find the template that you like and activate it for your blog. Changing the colors and style of your site is one of the selling points for using a blog. You don’t have to hire a designer to make changes on your blogger blog. There are lots of free blogger template sites available on the web.
- Start Adding Blog Content. Once you have your blog template setup the way that you want, you can start adding blog content. Blog posts can be created and added to your site quickly. There are a number of different locations on your blogger blog to add content. The sidebar and footer areas are available to place content.
- Blogger has widgets. Blogger widgets allow you to add more functions to your blogger blog. Just view the available widgets and add them. You might want to show your recent blog posts or calendar and tag clouds. You can do a quick search of all the different blogger widgets that are available.
- Blogger and Google Adsense. You might want to add google adsense ads to your blog. This gives you a chance to earn income from your blog visitors. When they click on the google adsense ads, you might earn money for it. Blogger and google adsense work well together. Just select the kind of ad size that you want and the area where you want the ads to show up. Really simple.
- Good Place to Learn How to Blog. A blogger blog is a good place to learn the basics of blogging. You can learn how to create blog posts and blog pages. You can learn how to add a header graphic. A blogger blog is simple and powerful at the same time. You learn the ropes with blogger and then you might want to start moving into bigger blogging systems like wordpress. Blogger is a solid blogging solution for those that want to get started without all of the hassles. You can be up and running in minutes.
Bad Reasons to Choose Blogger
- Blog could get deleted. There are not too many downsides to using blogger. One problem that jumps at you is getting your blog deleted. Blogger has a terms of service and your blog could get deleted. What can cause your blog to get zapped? Who knows. Blogger makes it easy for blog readers to complain about a site. If you are thinking about promoting affiliate products using your blog, you should be mindful and aware that all of your hard blogging work could be gone forever if your blog gets deleted.
- Not as flexible as WordPress. Blogger is quick and easy. It is good for getting started, but once you start learning how to blog, you might find that you have outgrown blogger. Downloading wordpress and installing it on your own web hosting might seem like too much work when you first get started with blogging. As you learn and grow, it will not be as big a deal as first thought. WordPress can be installed quickly and they have lots of theme designers and wordpress plugin designers that give you lots of options for your online blogging home.