Marketing a business using the internet is not an easy job. There is a lot of competition and new people are always jumping online looking to get a piece of the online income generated by the web. What are some of the ways that you can market a home business online?
18 Ways to Market Your Home Business Online
- Create a free blog. There are lots of places online that will allow you to create a blog for free. Setup your blog and start to post content. Use your free blog for fun and link to information that is helpful for your online audiences. Free blogs have pros and cons, but these sites are quick to build and a good way to market your home business.
- Make a video. Video is a good way to market your business. Attract visitors to your sites and blogs with video. Tag your video content with the right information. You don’t have to be an expert to create videos. Use free software or create videos with a smartphone or inexpensive video camera.
- Make an audio recording. People are listening to podcasts and information on the topics that they like. MP3 players are in wide use and it is a good way to market your home business. Look through some of your blog posts and see which ones have the potential to be turned into podcasts or audio recordings. Adding audio versions of your content just adds more flexibility for your audience.
- Post a free ad on a free classified site. Try your hand at creating good headlines for your home business. The best part of this testing is that it is free. People still read classified ads and you might drive more traffic to your home business sites.
- Create a squidoo page. Squidoo is a social marketing site. Posting content there is really easy. Just get signed up and walk through the steps of creating your first squidoo page. Name your squidoo lens with good descriptive keywords and write content that can help your chosen market. Don’t be surprised when some of the other squidoo members like your page or leave you a comment.
- Make a hubpage focused on your home business topic. Create a fresh piece of content and add it to hubpages. Getting signed up is easy. Provide quality information that can be helpful. Do some key word research with the free google key word tool or traffic travis to help with your seo.
- Create an image with a graphics program and include your web address. Create images with graphics editing programs. This can be simple. Create a phrase with text and type the name of your home business website and place it somewhere before saving the file. Save the file as gif or jpeg image. Use your images on your blogs and websites.
- Setup a twitter page. Use social media for your home business marketing. Update your twitter account when you write a new blog post or when you have something interesting to say about your home business niche. Follow other twitter users in your business niche. Use keywords for your niche in your profile description and provide hyperlink back to your website.
- Use facebook. Connect with your friends and family members on facebook. Include a link to your home business website in your profile area. You can even setup a facebook biz page. Post content and provide status updates. Link your blogs and websites to your facebook page.
- Become a guest blogger for other sites. Are you really good at writing content. Get your home business in front of a wider audience by writing for other sites. Contact other blogs and offer to write a blog post. You get a link back to your site and the site owner gets some new fresh content for their audience.
- Write articles and post them in different article directories. Write articles and post them inside of the article directories. Site owners are looking for content for their sites and their newsletters. Create good information that they would love to publish to their audience. You never know how many people might end up viewing your content.
- Write free ebooks. Write ebooks and give them away. There are lots of people looking for information online and free ebooks are a good option. Ebooks can vary in size and you don’t have to worry about costs. The only cost is your time in creating them. Give good information and include links back to your blog or sites.
- Participate in online forums dedicated to your niche. Do online searches for forums that are closely related to your topic. Not all forums are free. Join a few that you can regularly use. Create a good forum signature. Read through the forum posts and help where you can. Forums provide lots of information and everybody wins.
- Add signature links to your email messages. Create a signature for your email account. People do still read email. This can be a quick way for your contacts to get to your site.
- Buy domain names when they are cheap and forward them to your website or blog. Domain name registration companies run deals and promotions for domains all the time. When the domain deals are really good, pick one up. You could forward that domain name to your home business site. You could also use the cheap domain names to setup niche blogs that are more focused on a specific topic.
- Create a flickr account. Post pictures that are related to your home business online. People like searching for photos online. Make sure to tag your information with the right types of keywords. Use seo keyword tools to find them.
- Comment on other blogs related to your home business topic. There are lots of people posting information online. Jump into the conversation by adding a blog post comment. When you sign up for commenting, they might ask for your web address and email account information. Don’t provide spam comments. Take some time and really give your opinion on topics. You might like sports and read a lot of sports blogs. It is okay to share your thoughts. There might be some people reading that blog that agree with you and decide to checkout your home business site.
- Create slideshow presentations and use document sharing sites. Your blog is not the only place to share your information. Use document sharing sites. Create presentations and provide links back to your home business blogs and sites. The content from your blog posts could be the foundation for slideshow presentations.